Water Leak / Pipe Burst / Water Damage

Broken or leaky plumbing causes water damage claims

Water Leak? Call 954-659-8600 and speak to the Public Adjuster Directly.

As a public adjuster, I handle water damage claims almost every day.  In fact, in my experience, the most common homeowners claim (non-weather related) submitted to an insurance company involves some sort of water damage inside the home or business.  If I had to break it down, water damage claims comprise about 85% of the claims that I handle. This is because there are many sources of water in your home or property which have the potential to eventually fail, causing a water leak, and inevitably cause damage.  I have handled water damage claims which were caused by broken dishwasher water feed lines, refrigerator ice maker lines, shower pans, toilets, under sinks, underground pipes, air conditioners (very common), and roof.  Ultimately, any one of these water sources are sure to cause a huge mess in your home, and water damage to drywall, floors, cabinets, etc.

Collateral Water Damage–what is it?  Call F.A.P.A. @ 954-659-8600 for a Free Evaluation.

What many homeowners are unaware of is the extent by which a small amount of water can damage adjacent structures in your house.  In fact, many times the adjacent structures are not actually damaged, but because proper repair will cause the need to remove something else, those other structures must be removed and replaced.

For example, what if there is damaged drywall behind a kitchen cabinet?  How does a homeowner replace the damaged drywall without completely removing the cabinets? This is what I call collateral damage.

What I mean by this, is that there is almost always more expenses and work than what meets the eye, and it helps to be an experienced insurance adjuster in order to evaluate and assess the total extent of your damage.  A homeowner does not want to miss anything and he doesn’t want to be shortchanged.

All things considered, please don’t for a minute believe that the best route to take is to trust that the insurance company adjuster will thoroughly evaluate your claim and make sure every little item is included and presented to the insurance company.  Remember, insurance company adjusters work for insurance companies. They don’t work for you.  They have an obligation to their employer.  You need a professional adjuster who will work on your behalf, not the insurance company’s behalf, and not miss a single thing.

This is why I recommend you call my office. You need an adjuster who is on YOUR side and will put YOUR best interest ahead of the insurance company’s best interest. Make sense?

Call my office and speak directly to me.  954-659-8600